Richmond Home

Frequently Asked Questions

When is tuition due?

Fall 2024 tuition will be due in early to mid-August. Spring tuition will be due the first Monday in December.

When will I receive a tuition invoice?

Fall 2024 invoices will be published in mid to late July. Spring invoices are published in early November. Miscellaneous charges are invoiced monthly.  

How can I pay my tuition and fees?

A. Online

Students: Go to BannerWeb/Student Services/Payment of Tuition and Fees. The QuikPay system accepts:

  • E-check, a free service
  • Credit Card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, or Discover). There is a 2.85 percent service fee that will appear as a separate charge on your credit card invoice.

Authorized Payers: Online through QuikPay.

Guest Payers:  Online through the Guest Payer Portal.

B.  Monthly Installment Plan

The University offers monthly installment plans integrated into the payment portal, QuikPAY.  Students can access QuikPAY through BannerWeb/Student Services/Pay Tuition & Fees. Authorized payers can access QuikPAY through the Authorized Payer portal by clicking here.  For questions about the program, please call QuikPAY at 1-888-470-6014 or Student Accounts at 804-289-8147.

UG/LAW-The University offers 3, 4, or 5-month installment plans. There is no interest or finance charge assessed on the unpaid balance due to the university. There is a $50.00 nonrefundable enrollment fee per semester.  The Fall term 5-month plan begins in June, the 4-month plan begins in July, and the 3-month plan begins in August.   For spring term, the 5-month plan begins in November, the 4-month plan begins in December, and the 3-month plan begins in January.  The Monthly Plan is not available for courses offered during the summer terms.

SPCS/MBA-The University offers 3-month or 4-month installment plans. There is no interest or finance charge assessed on the unpaid balance due to the university. There is a $35.00 nonrefundable enrollment fee per semester. The Monthly Plan is not available for courses offered during the summer terms.

C. International Payments

Flywire makes your international payments safe and easy. Visit Flywire to get started or sign into BannerWeb and click on Student Services/Pay Tuition and Fees.  Simply select International Payment as your Payment Type to be securely connected to the Flywire site.

D.  Mailed Payments

Checks made payable to University of Richmond:

Office of Student Accounts
142 UR Drive
Box R
University of Richmond, VA 23173

E.  Overnight Deliveries

Office of Student Accounts
142 UR Drive
Queally Center, 3rd Floor
University of Richmond, VA 23173

(Please include the student name & UR ID on all correspondence)

Why are there charges for Student Health Insurance Program?

All full-time domestic students are required to enroll in or to waive coverage by demonstrating they have insurance that meets the University's requirements.    Click here to enroll in or waive coverage.  International students are required to participate in the University's Student Health Insurance Program and are automatically enrolled.

More comprehensive information about coverage and rates is available on the Student Health Insurance page.

If you have questions about the UR SHIP, contact insurance administrator, Tim Cummons with RCM&D, at or 1-800-346-4075, ext. 1452.

Will I pay tuition for auditing a course?

The regular rate of tuition is charged for audited courses, and the audit course is counted as a part of the student’s semester load.  Part-time students will see tuition assessed for the audit course.  For full-time undergraduate students, a class may be audited without affecting tuition if the semester load with the audited class remains between 3.5 and 6.0 units.  If the audit course increases the semester load beyond 6.0 units, overload charges will be assessed accordingly.

Students who receive financial aid should discuss with the Financial Aid Office whether auditing a course will affect their aid award.

How often are invoices sent?

Invoices are prepared at the beginning of each month documenting activity in the account since the last invoice was published.  Students and their authorized payers will receive an e-mail notifying them that a new invoice is ready to be viewed. Tuition, housing, & food charges are included on these monthly invoices (August & November) along with miscellaneous charges such as library fines, parking tickets, health center fees, etc.  All charges should be paid by the due date noted on the invoice.

How do I set up an Authorized Payer?

Log into BannerWeb, go to Student Services/Pay Tuition and Fees. Click Authorize Payers from the left side menu. Click “Add New Payer” on the right side and fill out the information. When you are done, click “Add”. An email with the authorized payer link is sent to the email address indicated. 

How do I set up Direct Deposit for refunds?
  1. Log into Banner Web
  2. On the Main Menu page, click on the Manage & Set Up Direct Deposit
  3. Click on the link on the next page that says Manage Direct Deposit & Personal Information
  4. Click on the Direct Deposit box on the page that says My Profile
  5. Use the Proposed Pay Distribution section to enter your account number for ACCOUNTS PAYABLE direct deposits.
  6. Click on the Add New button
  7. Fill in the Circle to Create New and:
    1. Add your bank routing number
    2. Add your bank account number
    3. Select the account type (Checking or Savings)
    4. Check the box to authorize the institution to initiate direct credits on your behalf
    5. Click on Save new deposit


Who do I contact regarding my invoice or charges on my account?

The Bursar’s Office generates monthly invoices and will be happy to assist you. Our contact information is, 804-289-8147 or toll free (866)241-8893.

Please note that various departments apply charges to the account and the Bursar’s Office does not have the authority to adjust or remove another departmental charge. Please contact the issuing department with questions or concerns: 

  • Boatwright Library 804-289-8876
  • Financial Aid Office 804-289-8438
  • Residence Life 804-289-8930
  • One-Card/Spidercard/Food Plans 804-289-8476
  • Parking Services 804-289-8703
  • Richmond College Dean’s Office 804-289-8061
  • Student Health Center 804-289-8064
  • Student Health Insurance Program 800-346-4075 ext. 1452
  • Westhampton College Dean’s Office 804-289-8468
What are your hours?

The Student Accounts office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. and on Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m.–5 p.m.

Can I pay fines and parking tickets with my SpiderCard?

You may use your SpiderCard to pay up to $200 toward charges owed on your Student Account. 

How do I put money on my SpiderCard?

Funds can be added to the student’s Spidercard online

Mail payments to: 

Student Accounts
142 UR Drive
Box R
University of Richmond, VA 23173. 

Please reference your student’s name & UR ID number. You may also visit the Bursar’s Office on the 3rd floor of the Queally Center or call us at 804-289-8147 and charge your deposit using your VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.

Where can I find information on my Perkins loan?

While University of Richmond holds the note on our students' Perkins/NDSL loans, Perkins loans are serviced by Heartland ECSI, an outside billing company.  Borrowers will receive invoices from and make payments to them, not University of Richmond.

Please contact ECSI with any questions concerning your rights and responsibilities:

Heartland ECSI                                   1-888-549-3274
P.O. Box 1238                           
Wexford, PA 15090

Perkins liaison at University of Richmond:
Jean Himelspach  (804) 289-8146  (866) 241-8893